Yes, I am definitely behind on updating. lol Bare with me, please! We are actually about to begin week 8 if that tells you anything. So I will do my best to get caught up quickly. :)
Our week 6 was a lot of fun just like the previous weeks. We are thoroughly enjoying My Father's World Adventures. Not to mention, we are learning so much and not dreading our days...except maybe, math! Ha!
Here are the highlights of our week:
Verses we learned about and discussed this week:
- Memory Verse: John 6:35
- Exodus 16:2-4
- John 6:5-13, 26-35
What we learned about and discussed:
- Praying when we need something
- We talked about manna (God's special bread)
- Miracles and the meaning of miracle
- Jesus feeding 5,000 men plus the women and children with 5 small loaves of bread and 2 fish
- About the boy sharing his lunch with Jesus and how we should never ignore Jesus..that we don't know what might happen when we listen and obey
- Jesus is the Bread of Life...he is the food for our spirits
- Just like our bodies have to be fed with food to be strong, healthy, and energized, our spirits need to be fed with Jesus every single day to make it in this hard, dark world.
|We added this to our "Names of Jesus" poster.|
This week we read from American Pioneers and Patriots about:
- Pioneers from Holland (Dutch pioneers)
- Their settlement was originally called New Amsterdam which later became what we now know as New York City.
- They brought cows, sheep, and pigs to the new world.
- That they made butter from the cows' milk.
- That the boys' job was to herd the cattle out away from the settlement for food.
We watched videos on modern day dairy farms. If you are interested, go here.
|While reading the book, The Courage of Sarah Noble, we read a lot about Sarah keeping her courage as she spent a lot of time reminding herself of what her mother would say over and over again to her. So I wanted Little Man to understand that ultimately, our courage, bravery, and strength come from God. There was no better way than to go straight to God's Word. Each paper hanging is a different Bible verse declaring what God says about strength, courage, and bravery.|
|Then we made butter! We took turns shaking, shaking, and shaking some more!|
|Love this picture!|
|Shake, shake, shake!|
|Shake some more!|
|And wha-la, we have butter and buttermilk! This was really neat!|
|Okay, so Little Man tries the buttermilk and decides that he didn't like it.|
|Then he had a Ritz cracker with the butter on it. At first, he gave it the thumbs down. Then I sprinkled it with a little bit of salt and he thought that was awesome!|
We learned about yeast and that it is alive. It feeds off sugar. Little Man experienced it's texture and it's smell. He thought it stunk! lol Now, I on the other hand, love the smell of yeast.
Other happenings this week: